Job Posting: Chief Executive Officer
Salary Range: $130,000 – $150,000
CyberHawaii is an information sharing and analysis non-profit organization committed to developing and enhancing Hawaii’s cybersecurity capabilities. The organization is working to build a community that manages and mitigates cyber risk through various methods, including the sharing of information in a secure enclave via the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN), a threat sharing platform, as well as encouraging cyber hygiene best practices.
CyberHawaii is also committed to developing and accelerating educational and workforce opportunities for students via pathways from high school to two- and four- year cyber degrees. This includes early college credits to incentivize a running start to college and then the workplace.
As an affiliate of CyberUSA, CyberHawaii was founded in late 2016 with seven founding state members — Maryland, California, Texas, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Louisiana, and Colorado. CyberUSA is chaired by former Governor Tom Ridge, the first Secretary of Homeland Security. CyberHawaii will mirror the national mission, which focuses on cyber education, innovation, and threat identification and mitigation.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) shall provide leadership, direction, and resources to support the organization’s mission, vision and goals in conjunction with the CyberHawaii Board. They will ensure that programs operate efficiently and pursue opportunities to expand and develop new programs.
Utilizing data-driven analysis and forecasting, the CEO will measure and evaluate the performance of programs, assess needs, and ensure that program objectives are achieved.
The CEO will also develop policies and initiate actions designed to maximize public and private funding opportunities for CyberHawaii, and establish goals and strategies for all fundraising campaigns.
The CEO will meet with donors and prospective donors to create and foster relationships, and create and execute a budget and strategic development plan to help CyberHawaii meet its operational and fundraising goals.
The CEO will develop partnerships with IT/Cyber industry partners, nonprofit organizations, businesses, academic institutions, and other relevant parties.
The CEO will act as a spokesperson and represent CyberHawaii in front of the media and at events.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in executive management involving local, state, and/or federal stakeholders. Multimember nonprofit management preferred.
- Understanding and/or experience in IT/Cyber fields preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- Experience working with a board of directors
- Experience in growing organizational capacity and developing funding strategy for nonprofit organization
- Experience in Federal, state, and private contract and grant-seeking and management
- Experience in developing and managing a budget
- Experience in procuring and overseeing multiple service providers
- Strong relationships in local business and/or IT/Cyber fields
- Understanding of local and national regulations, trends, and best practices in cybersecurity
Please email cover letter and resume with 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application period will be open until position is filled.
If you have any questions or need further information about this position, please contact Lori Leong at email@example.com.